Interested in working with us?
We are currently accepting applications for the following position. Click on the positions to jump to their descriptions.
Please email resumes and letters of interest to: Christina Congdon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Environmental Works Community Design Center is seeking a Part-time (20-30 hours a week) Finance Support role with minimum 5 years of experience to be a member of our team.
Environmental Works is a nonprofit Community Design Center that provides architectural services to low-income and nonprofit clients in the Puget Sound region. We design affordable housing, community facilities, youth centers, shelters, child care centers, community clinics, ADA improvements and similar projects in which social service and community design is a primary focus. We advocate for the improvement of the physical, economic and social environment by providing sustainable architectural and planning services to low-income community groups throughout the Pacific Northwest. Our office culture values office-wide collaboration and support; open communications and sharing of resources; and high quality design.
· Full Charge bookkeeper for Fire Station Seven (Reconcile and GL entries)in Quick books
· Support in Project based accounting- Deltek Ajera
· Set up New Projects, Phases, Vendor and Budgets
· Review and Approve weekly timesheets
· Enter Consultant invoices, employee & office expenses
· Accounts Payables/ Account receivables
· Monthly invoice assistance
· Prepare Bank Deposit. Enter cash receipts
· Maintain insurance applications. Provide Insurance request to clients.
· Assist in Equipment list, Depreciation, and Census reporting
· Prepare 1099
· Provide support documentation in yearly audit
· Reconcile credit card
· Preform related duties as assigned.
· A minimum of 5 years previous bookkeeping experience , preferably in an A/E/C environment
· Experience using Deltek Ajera (Project based software) and QuickBooks
· Strong skills using MS Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Attention to detail and highly organized
· Careful and timely in the deliverables of the workload.
· Experience with a non-profit and GAAP accounting principles.
Environmental Works has an engaging and equitable culture that empowers development of well-rounded professionals and acts as a model for positive change in the world. Our work is fostered by organized processes that are collaborative and transparent to design creative solutions.
We offer competitive salary and benefits (see benefits summary below). Consideration for employment will not be based on a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation,) and pregnancy, national origin, age, disability.
· Medical, Vision, Disability and life insurance (Must work 30 hrs.)
· PTO time – all time is lumped into one (including sick vacation and holiday) and can be used at employee’s discretion. 5 weeks (17.33 hours per month). Can carry over 80 hours at the end of the year (Pro-rated for Part time)
· 403b Retirement with 3% match after one year of employment ( must meet hours to be compliant)
· Continuing Education support
· Professional memberships paid at 75%.
· Flextime available with approval
· Orca pass paid in full
· Currently working to become a JUST organization per the living future institute.
Please email your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com (No phone calls)